VAN BRIGGLE MEMORIAL POTTERY
The Van Briggle Pottery Memorial Pottery was built as a tribute to Artus Van Briggle By his wife Anne Van Briggle. She commissioned Nicholas Van den Arend, to design the new plant. During the early part of 1908, the building was completed, and the company relocated from the Nevada Avenue facility. The building served as a fitting tribute to Artus Van Briggle, and was decorated with tiles and architectural faience made at the Nevada Avenue plant. The Memorial Pottery building was sold during the latter half of 1968, and purchased by Colorado College to house their physical plant offices. The building still stands at the corner of Glen and Uintah streets in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Be sure to visit on your next trip, or tour the structure on this page.
Vintage photo of the studio, circa 1908
Fireplace mantel seen to left, circa 1996
Email Questions And Comments
©2000 Richard L Sasicki Images May Be Used For Research Purposes Only
Free counters provided by Honesty.com.