- My dissertation.
- A direct realist account of perceptual awareness.
- Probability & Coherence
- Refutation of BonJour's argument for coherentism.
Appeared in Southern Journal of Philosophy, Winter 1997.
- Confirmation Theory
- Discussion of the problem of induction, some failed solutions to it, and my favored approach: inference to the best
- The Problem of Defeasible Justification
- Sets forth a general skeptical argument concerning defeasible justification. Generalizes on problem of induction and Cartesian/brain-in-the-vat skepticism. Close attention to general logical/epistemological principles the problem depends on.
- The Problem of Memory Knowledge
- Why are we justified in believing what we seem to remember?
I refute three natural theories of this and then present my own
- Sense Data
- My entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Explanation & Inductive Logic
- Explains how the notion of explanatory priority helps us to properly interpret the Principle of Indifference, leading to a defense of induction.
- Skepticism and the Veil of Perception
- Information about and excerpts from my book.