4 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped fennel seed
2 chopped shallots
1 fresh fennel bulb (about 1 pound) halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
3 large heads broccoli (about 7 cups) cut into florets
1 tsp herbes de Provence
2/3 chicken broth
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add fennel seeds and stir until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add shallots and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add fennel bulb and red pepper and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil, stir in herbes de Provence, and pour chicken broth over vegetables.
- Simmer until broccoli is crisp-tender and liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
Bon Appetit, November 2001, p. 209.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2001 Rebecca J. Stevenson