I hate spinach, so I used a handful of chopped parsley. Tasted good.
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
6 cups chicken stock
2 cups diced peeled baking potato
1 cup sliced carrot
1 cup sliced celery
2 cups chopped spinach
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 tsp salt
3 oz. medium egg noodles
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 3 min. Add oregano and garlic. Saute 30 seconds.
- Add 5 3/4 cups chicken stock and potato. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 min. or until potato is tender. Mash potato in stock mixture.
- Add celery and carrot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 min.
- Add chicken, spinach, and salt. Simmer 3 min.
- Add noodles. Bring to a boil and cook 5 min.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup stock and flour in a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly blended. Stir flour mixture into soup and simmer 3 min.
- Add pepper.
This is one I copied down out of the September 1999 issue of Cooking Light.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 1999 Rebecca J. Stevenson