2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
1 tsp. ground coriander
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
3/4 c salted butter, softened
1 c white sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 large whole egg
1 1/2 tsp. pure lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, lemon zest, coriander, and poppyseeds. MIx well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until mixture forms a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add yolks, egg and lemon extract. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 23-25 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along edges. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.
Debbie Fields, Mrs. Fields Cookie Book. (Alexandria, VA: Time Life Books, 1992), 17.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 1999 Rebecca J. Stevenson