6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup salted butter, softed
4 large eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Combine unsweetened baking chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until pieces of chocolate are almost melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs until light yellow in color (about 5 minutes). Add sugar and blend on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture. Blend on low speed until smooth. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Smooth surface with a spatula and sprinkle uniformly with chocolate chips. Bake on the center rack of oven for 45-55 minutes (Note: when I made these, they took a good 15 minutes longer than that, so be sure to test). The batter should be set and a toothpick inserted in center should come out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cut and serve chilled.
Debbie Fields, Mrs. Fields Cookie Book. (Alexandria, VA: Time Life Books, 1992), 98.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2000 Rebecca J. Stevenson