1 1/4 c fresh breadcrumbs
1 c fresh bean sprouts, chopped
1/4 c finely chopped green onion
1/4 coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/8 tp ground red pepper
1 large egg
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Combine the breadcrumbs through crabmeat in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- To make the peanut sauce, combine the balsamic vinegar through garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Cool, and stir in cilantro and mint.
- Divide the crab mixture into 8 portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add 4 patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels, recoat with cooking spray, add remaining tsp oil and remaining patties.
Cooking Light, July/August 1998, p 130-132.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2001 Rebecca J. Stevenson