1 c finely chopped yellow bell pepper
1 c finely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 c chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
1 Tbsp finely chopped seeded jalepeño
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
8 6-inch corn tortillas
1 c (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tortilla.
- Top with 1/4 cup bell pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 c cheese.
- Top with 1 tortilla.
- Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden, pressing down with a spatula.
- Repeat for the rest of the tortillas.
Serves 4. 224 calories per serving, 29% from fat.
Cooking Light, June 1998, p 108.
| Top |
Except where noted, all material on this site is © 2002 Rebecca J. Stevenson