REBECCA J. STEVENSON
Applications: RoboHTML, HTML Help, FrameMaker, QuarkXPress, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Outlook, Visual Studio (Visual Basic), Visual Interdev
Platforms: Windows 95/NT/2000, Mac OS9
- Proficient: HTML/CSSWeb design, online Help development
- Intermediate: Visual Basicapplication development
- Reading familiarity: C, Javacoursework, API documentation
Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
Master of Technical and Professional Writing
Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania
Magna cum laude, BA with departmental honors in English, minor in history
||Technical Writer, Art Technology Group|
- Created and maintained programming documentation for Java developers and HTML examples with explanations for Web page developers using Word.
- Worked closely with developers and testers as part of a team of sixteen writers.
- Products Documented:
ATG Consumer Commerce/ATG Business Commerce (formerly Dynamo Commerce Server). Java-based appplications include product catalog, shopping cart, shipping and payment functionalities. Shipped code serves as a base for clients to build e-commerce applications upon and extend.
||Technical Writer, Hub Data, Inc.
Maintained corporate Web site. Some Visual Basic development. Worked closely with Hub Data's develoment and support staff to document the company's financial information products.
- Origins - contains data on stocks, bonds, mortgage-backed securities, ect. It is published monthly on CD-ROM and updated via modem transmissions.
- Hub Market Data - provides a Web interface to the Origins database.
- Hub Corporate Actions - provides daily reports on corporate actions (mergers, acquisitions, stock splits, etc.) via a Web interface
Internal documentation (for a mid-level to expert audience):
- Online and print documentation for setting up and maintaining Market Data and Corporate Action clients (Visual InterDev and FrameMaker)
- Database documentation for Corporate Actions (Word)
- Online Origins documentation including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting instructions for the Technical Support Department (HTML Help)
- Report for the president on Technical Support processes v. client needs, with suggestions for improvement (Word, Excel)
External documention (for a novice to mid-level audience):
- Online documentation for Market Data and Corporate Actions (Visual InterDev)
- Print documentation for Market Data and Corporate Actions (FrameMaker)
- Online user guide for Origins (RoboHTML Help)
- Installation guide for accessory software used with Origins (Quarx XPress and Word)
- Quick-reference tri-fold for Origins (Quark XPress)
- Literature announcing and explaining changes in Origins, including instructions for software updates (Word)
||Technical Support, Hub Data, Inc.
- Assisted Hub clients with installing, using, and troubleshooting Hub software
- Trained new Support representatives
- Formatted printed texts for display on the Web (BBEdit Lite and Photoshop)
- Completed a number of projects for Houghton Mifflin Co.
- Designed web site for Thirteen Phantasms story collection
||Web Site Coordinator, Harvard Book Store
- Managed transition from static, information-based site to e-store
- Designed and implemented Web site in HTML
- Wrote, edited, and maintained site text
- Served as liaison with site host and programmers for back-end database
- Conceived of, implemented, and maintained customer emailing list for new titles
| Top |
Except where otherwise noted, all material on this site is © 2002 Rebecca J. Stevenson